I-COM Data Creativity Awards - How to Enter
Who can enter?
The I-COM Data Creativity Awards are ideal for marketers, agencies, media owners, data services or research providers and trade associations involved in Digital Marketing. Projects that meet one of the category definitions can be entered by any company, either individually or as a collaboration of companies from the stakeholder groups as described here.
Reasons to enter the I-COM Data Creativity Awards:
For all entrants:
Having our distinguished Jury of experts focus on your work. We can promise entrants that the I-COM Data Creativity Jury will take time to scrutinize and evaluate in detail every single entry, and they will reward excellence in data creativity. This is accomplished by using a bespoke system where each judge only looks at a restricted number of entries. This way all companies entering the competition will receive the consideration and recognition they deserve by our esteemed members of the Jury.
For Official Selection Finalists:
- Presenting at the I-COM Global Summit with its elite community and potential clients.
- Being able to communicate the industry's recognition both internally and externally with the official “I-COM Award Winners” branding.
- International press coverage live at the event.
- Excellent networking opportunities.
For Category Winners:
- Being called up to the stage at the I-COM Data Creativity Awards Gala Dinner to receive a trophy.
- International press coverage.
What type of project can be entered?
The I-COM Data Creativity Awards competition is open to entries that show evidence of the creative leveraging of value from data that has been instrumental to delivering business value. Whatever the nature of the project, entrants must be able to show the magic of a highly creative and innovative approach and demonstrate the project achieved strong results. Examples of demonstrable results would include financial, thought leadership or other stated criteria.
The Jury will be looking for genuine original thinking and steps that others have not previously taken and would not automatically take. Ideas must have been well executed and have ultimately improved the success of the project.
Scoring of Projects by the Jury
- 50% of the scoring is based on the actual project results
- 50% on the extent to which innovative and creative approaches with Data were adopted in achieving those results
Since the 4th edition, in 2016, the I-COM Data Creativity Awards Board implemented the following additional scoring process, to provide unbiased scores:
- I-COM Data Creativity Awards entrants are each scored against an absolute standard (rather than ranking relative to entries received)
- The scoring process combines: 1) multiple judges’ scores and 2) the scores of entrants by only a subset of all Judges
- As I-COM Committees have grown the variation in the ranges among the judges’ scores has understandably increased
- A normalisation process has been introduced to ensure that the Award results are not biased by the “luck of the draw” with any particular group of Judges
- Mean Distance Projection preserves each Judge’s scoring distribution, while normalising the range of scores across all Judges
Deadline for entries?
The deadline to submit your entry is December 8, 2017
Notification of Official Selection
You will be notified if your entry qualifies through to Official Selection, and at that time you will be invited to attend and present at the Awards Final that will be held during I-COM Global Summit in April 2018.
If an entry is nominated by the I-COM Data Creativity Awards Jury as part of the Official Selection, at least one team member or a qualified representative from each shortlisted company will need to register and attend the I-COM Global Summit in order to participate in the Awards Final. Payment of the entry fee does not cover the registration fee.
Official Selection Final and Awards Ceremony
The Official Selection, Final Round of Judging will be streamed live at the I-COM Global Summit in April 2018. The category winners and the overall winner will be announced at the I-COM Global Summit Gala Awards Dinner.
Price per entry EUR 480,-
Price per additional category entry EUR 300,-
Price per entry EUR 520,-
Price per additional category entry EUR 350,-
Finalist Presentations at the I-COM Global Summit
Please note that only awards entrants who are nominated by the Jury to the Official Selection are invited to present at the I-COM Global Summit. The presentations are part of the final round of judging.
Registration to the I-COM Global Summit is required for all participants, though a special discounted summit access of EUR 2000,- is extended to I-COM Data Creativity Awards Official Selection.