Data Creativity Awards
I-COM defines the Attribution Category as follows:
Rewarding work that measures the incremental value of marketing channels, strategies and tactics against business outcomes. Attribution should directly drive optimization of marketing to improve business outcomes.
Further clarifications include:
- Business outcomes include sales, intermediate metrics to sales and brand metrics
- Marketing channels cover Digital and non-Digital
Align the industry on the definition of attribution. Showcase what is happening at the cutting edge of this space and the positive business impact it is delivering.
Spark discussion of how attribution is changing client businesses and why. Provide case studies for marketers to reference. Drive further application of the science of attribution to driving meaningful change in the industry.
Judging & Criteria
50% of the scoring based on the actual project results (for example: ROI, Awareness, Degree of Process Improvement)
50% on the extent to which innovative and creative approaches were adopted in achieving those results.
Successful entries will include one or more of the following elements:
A. 8 General Data Creativity Elements
- Creating New Insights From Multiple Data Sources
- Effective and Efficient Integration of Data
- Innovative Data Sourcing
- Analytics Creativity
- Using Insights To Evolve The Planning And Execution Process
- Employing Different Marketing Sciences
- Technology Innovation (in-house or with 3rd parties)
- Innovative Data Visualisation
B. Elements of Data Creativity Specific to the Attribution category
- Data enablement, assembly and management,
- Measurement methodology
- Accuracy of results
- Sufficient Transparency of approach
- Scope and comprehensiveness of solution
- Level of unknown
- How closely does it match reality of client business
- User segmentation
- Time to results
- Time from start to meaningful results.
- Frequency of results
- Explainability of results
- Actionability of results
- Key decision support (nice to know vs. need to know)
- Optimization of marketing to improve business outcomes
- Frequency of attribution in line with frequency of actions/course corrections
- Adoption within organization
- Applicability / Portability to the same channel, clients or industries with a different provider
Who Should Enter?
Media Agencies, Creative Agencies, Attribution Providers, Consultancies, In-House Attribution departments in major marketing companies, PurePlay, Market Research, Marketing Tech, Media Owners