Private Roundtable: Digital Measurement Industry Bodies (D-MIB)
D-MIB comprises the leaders of national digital audience measurement organisations like JICs (Joint Industry Committees), MOCs (Media Owned Companies), ABCs (Audit Bureaus of Circulation), IABs and tripartite initiatives.
The Steering Committee of the D-MIB (Digital Measurement Industry Bodies) has organised the 5th edition of this Private Invitation-Only Roundtable that will happen on April 24th from 9:00-16:00 in Porto, Portugal during the I-COM Global Summit 2017. The Roundtable is preceded by a Private Dinner on Sunday, April 23rd.
The D-MIB Private Roundtable is a unique gathering in terms of breadth of organization type and geographic coverage in the Digital space and is an invitation-only event.
The objective of the D-MIB Private Roundtable 2017 is improving issues associated with digital & cross-media audience measurement and ensuring that these lead to marketing value metrics and ROI. In addition, handling Programmatic, quality & transparency, implications of Walled Gardens and global standards.
Private Roundtable Topics
■ Knowledge-sharing sessions
Directed at new learnings with educational presentations and questions
- Topic #1: Establishing a Solid Foundation of Exposure Measurement (Mobile and Desktop): viewable impressions, identification and filtration of IVT/fraud, monitoring ad blocking and counting only unblocked ads, ensuring knowledge of the technical environment into which the ad is delivered, accounting for pre-fetch/pre-render and brand safety.
- Topic #2: Establishing Metrics for Advertising Value: attention metrics, ad effectiveness measurements, ROI.
- Topic #3: What Additional Processes, Controls and Transparency are Required in Programmatic Environments for Items#1 through #2 Above. Also strategies necessary for media allocation between traditional and programmatic purchases - frequency management, hyper-targeting costs versus benefits.
■ Ideas-generating sessions
Directed at defining ideas & common approaches with presentations and longer group discussions
- Topic #4: Establishing Digital Audience Currency and Comparable Cross-Media Audience Currencies: audience attribution, data integration, measurement of duration, aligning the media silos to create compatible measurements for reporting purposes. Measurement of discrete advertisements separate from content.
- Topic #5: Validation in a World of Emerging Proprietary Tools: especially in #2, #3 and #4 above (e.g., trading desks, DMPs, DSPs, walled gardens, etc.).
Preliminary Meeting Agenda 2017 | Porto, Portugal
|Pre-Summit||Saturday, April 23|
|16:00 - 19:30||D-MIB Group Registration at Hotel Intercontinental|
|20:00||D-MIB Group Dinner|
|Monday, April 24|
|09:00 - 09:05||Welcome: Andreas Cohen - Chairman, I-COM Global, Switzerland|
|09:05 - 09:20||Introduction: George Ivie - CEO, Media Rating Council, USA|
|09:20 - 09:40||Industry Body Introduction|
|09:40 - 09:50||Sponsor Welcome: TBA|
|09:50 - 10:15||Establishing a Solid Foundation of Exposure Measurement (Mobile and Desktop)
Speaker: Shailin Dhar - Principal Consultant, The Dhar Method, USA
|10:15 - 10:20||Q&A|
|10:20 - 10:45||Establishing Metrics for Advertising Value
|10:45 - 10:50||Q&A|
|10:50 - 11:20||Coffee Break|
|11:20 - 11:45||Additional Processes, Controls and Transparency Required in Programmatic Environments
|11:45 - 11:50||Q&A|
|11:50 - 12:35||Establishing Digital Audience Currency and Comparable Cross-Media Audience Currencies
|12:35 - 13:20||Validation in a World of Emerging Proprietary Tools
|13:20 - 13:30||Wrapping Up|
|14:00 - 16:00||D-MIB Group Private Lunch|
D-MIB Steering Committee Members
• Claudia Dubrau - Managing Director, AGOF, Germany
• David Gunzerath - Sr. VP, Associate Director, MRC, USA
• George Ivie - CEO, MRC, USA
• Pedro Silva - President, IFABC / IVC, Brazil
• Richard Foan - Group Executive Director - Communication and Innovation, ABC Group, UK
• Slawomir Pliszka - CEO, PBI, Poland
• Stef Peeters - General Manager, Joint Industry Committees JIC (CIM), Belgium
• Sven Bornemann - Managing Director, AGOF, Germany
• Wouter Hulst - Director, Vinex, Netherlands
D-MIB leverages the advantages of coming together, to share best practice and collectively improve how audiences are measured for the purpose of supporting display advertising. Also, given the rising importance of Global approaches to measurement, there is an increasing opportunity and need to benchmark, collaborate and coordinate activities on an international level.
As many of the D-MIB organisations are regular I-COM attendees, we agreed that it would be synergetic to facilitate a private meeting as part of our I-COM Global Summit.