I-COM Data Science Hackathons 2018
With the Data Science Hackathons (DSH), I-COM pioneered the first public CMO-focused global competition, connecting the magic of Data Science with the world of Marketing.
The I-COM Data Science Hackathons focus on solving real problems and achieving results, often accelerating to outcomes that normally take months of work to achieve or replicate.
It is a 24-hour marathon where competing teams develop algorithms using data science analytics to solve predictive modeling challenges on marketers' datasets.
- Overall Winner Masters: Mindshare International
- Overall Winner Scientists: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M B team
- Overall Winner Masters: Ekimetrics
- Overall Winner Scientists: Havas Media Group - DBi
Domo Data Storytelling Award: IE University - PintxoData
The following teams were chosen as finalists and will present at the I-COM Global Summit for the final round of judging:
Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 1
- Mindshare International
- Mindshare EMEA
Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 2
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M B team
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M C team
Intel Challenge - Tier 1
- IE University - PintxoData
Intel Challenge - Tier 2
- Havas Media Group - DBi
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv / Ukrainian Catholic University - The Next Frontier
The 2018 Intel Challenge
"What marketing strategies influence a brand’s leadership in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) space, and how can data be used to define strategies to engage customers and audiences?"
The 2018 Lufthansa Challenge
"What new KPI is a strong indicator of competitive digital strength and long-term sustainability as measured by market share and sales for Luftansa?”
The winners of the I-COM Data Science Hackathons were announced at the I-COM Global Summit Gala Dinner on April 10th. The following awards were given:
- 4 main I-COM Awards chosen by the DSH Jury
- The Intel Challenge - Tier 1 and Tier 2
- The Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Domo Data Storytelling Award - The winning team will receive $5.000 plus a year of free Domo software access. The award will be given to the finalist team that best uses Domo platform in their presentation to tell a story with data.
- Public Recognition Award - Chosen by the audience after the presentations of the finalists, voting via the Summit app.
- Amaia Lasa - Director, HazelHeartwood, Belgium
- Adam Husein - Executive Director, Analytics, Data Science & Research, Warner Bros, USA
- John Durham - CEO, Catalyst S+F, USA
- Jon Guergue - DigitALL Marketing, Dimensions, Spain
- Karl Van Dijck - GM Business Process Transformation Customer Experience, Toyota Motor, Europe
- Rene Dechamps - Co-Founder, Competing on Privacy, Spain
- Rosa Almarza - Independent Consultant, Spain
- Ruben Canosa - Business Analyst and Sales Manager, Iberostar
Through the Data Science Hackathons, I-COM is offering brands a unique opportunity to unlock new and creative approaches to crack business problems using Data Science while accelerating development time, reducing risk at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional internal approaches and getting fresh perspectives and insights to solving business challenges. We attract very diverse groups of teams that come together to be challenged, taking their range of skills and expertise and applying it to the business.
NOTE: ABC has once again been engaged to independently cross-check and verify the results of each round of judging of the 4th edition of the I-COM Data Science Hackathons. Starting with the 3rd edition of the competition for Porto 2017, I-COM proudly added this additional control measure, to audit all the steps of the judging process in each round, providing transparency and accuracy to the final results.