I-COM Data Science Hackathons 2018
- Overall Winner Masters: Mindshare International
- Overall Winner Scientists: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M B team
- Overall Winner Masters: Ekimetrics
- Overall Winner Scientists: Havas Media Group - DBi
Domo Data Storytelling Award: IE University - PintxoData
The following teams were chosen as finalists and will present at the I-COM Global Summit for the final round of judging:
Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 1
- Mindshare International
- Mindshare EMEA
Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 2
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M B team
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - UC3M C team
Intel Challenge - Tier 1
- IE University - PintxoData
Intel Challenge - Tier 2
- Havas Media Group - DBi
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv / Ukrainian Catholic University - The Next Frontier
The 2018 Intel Challenge
"What marketing strategies influence a brand’s leadership in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) space, and how can data be used to define strategies to engage customers and audiences?"
The 2018 Lufthansa Challenge
"What new KPI is a strong indicator of competitive digital strength and long-term sustainability as measured by market share and sales for Luftansa?”
The winners of the I-COM Data Science Hackathons were announced at the I-COM Global Summit Gala Dinner on April 10th, 2018. The following awards were given:
- 4 main I-COM Awards chosen by the DSH Jury
- The Intel Challenge - Tier 1 and Tier 2
- The Lufthansa Challenge - Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Domo Data Storytelling Award - The winning team received $5.000 plus a year of free Domo software access. The award was given to the finalist team that best used Domo platform in their presentation to tell a story with data.
- Public Recognition Award - Chosen by the audience after the presentations of the finalists, voting via the Summit app.
- Amaia Lasa - Director, HazelHeartwood, Belgium
- Adam Husein - Executive Director, Analytics, Data Science & Research, Warner Bros, USA
- John Durham - CEO, Catalyst S+F, USA
- Jon Guergue - DigitALL Marketing, Dimensions, Spain
- Karl Van Dijck - GM Business Process Transformation Customer Experience, Toyota Motor, Europe
- Rene Dechamps - Co-Founder, Competing on Privacy, Spain
- Rosa Almarza - Independent Consultant, Spain
- Ruben Canosa - Business Analyst and Sales Manager, Iberostar
To see all team members click here.
NOTE: ABC has once again been engaged to independently cross-check and verify the results of each round of judging of the 4th edition of the I-COM Data Science Hackathons. Starting with the 3rd edition of the competition for Porto 2017, I-COM proudly added this additional control measure, to audit all the steps of the judging process in each round, providing transparency and accuracy to the final results.