ROI Genome: 2017 Marketing Intelligence Report shows important trends and insights on the factors that affect return on investment for offline and online marketing as well as provide recommendations based on those insights.
Key trends within the report include:
- The average ROI for online advertising remains higher than offline efforts but the two are rapidly approaching parity as in the last six years:
- Paid search ROI has decreased 27%
- Online video ROI decreased 32%
- Digital display ROI decreased 14%
- 61% of brands increased online marketing spending from 2015 to 2016. Within these brands, the average contribution of online spending more than doubled.
- A holistic approach is best as combining offline and online efforts is 50% more efficient than TV alone and 20% more efficient than online alone.
Over the past 13+ years, Analytic Partners has collected marketing intelligence across industries and countries to form the core of its ROI Genome. This report is the first time these insights are available to the public.
“Our mission with the ROI Genome is to uncover and quantify the drivers of marketing success at a fundamental level and to establish principles for growth,” said Mike Menkes [pictured], SVP at Analytic Partners. “By understanding how the various dynamics of marketing elements interact and drive performance, Analytic Partners is able to provide important context and perspective for our clients to understand the “why’s” behind our analytics. This report offers an aggregated cross-industry view of the insights available.” More...