01/02/2018 - Today, Unilever released its results for the full-year 2017.
- Strong progress towards the strategic objectives set out for 2020
- Underlying sales growth excluding spreads 3.5%, with price up 2.4% and volume up 1.0
- Underlying operating margin up 110bps, reflecting strong savings delivery
- Underlying earnings per share up 10.7%
- Free cash flow up €0.6 billion to €5.4 billion, including a one-off payment of €0.6 billion to pension funds
- Net profit increased 16.9% to €6.5 billion
Comment from CEO Paul Polman
Commenting on the results, Unilever CEO Paul Polman says: “We have delivered a good all-round performance with competitive growth, including an innovation-led improvement in volumes in the fourth quarter, and substantially increased margin, earnings and cash flow. This puts us well on track to deliver towards the strategic objectives set out for 2020 and demonstrates the progress we have made in transforming Unilever into a more resilient and more agile business. More...